13 November 2009

blog 2


Today I started my preliminary exercise on my school magazine cover. To start off with I had to decide what colour i would like for my background which works well with other colours and is a suitable colour for both male and female pupils.
I decided to use the colour blue and parts of the background green because the two colours contrast well together and they are suitable for males and females.
During this lesson i also took picture of pupils and i chose one picture to edit in paint shop pro to use for my front cover. I used the chosen picture because the girl in the photograph was wearing blue and the background is blue i thought it worked well and kept with the colour scheme.
I edited my chosen picture and then pasted it onto my magazine cover.
I then looked at a couple of different types of magazine covers so i could get an idea of how to layout the front cover.
I decided i would use different fonts to make the magazine cover look more colourful. I added titles to make the magazine cover to make it look like it has been brought from a shop and i added graphics like a bar code to make it look life like and i also put the price and exclusive which is a buzz word which means that the story is only covered in this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment